New construction guide
Instructions on how to build your Silca® deck in NZ
Installation instruction video
New construction quick tips:
- Determine finished floor elevation.
- Determine the thickness of the bricks or pavers being used in the project.
- Build your substructure with floor joists at 400mm centres.
- RECOMMENDATION: Deck construction should be in compliance with your state and local codes.
- Screw down the Silca Grate™. We recommend that you stagger the Silca Grate joints. (i.e. start with full Silca Grate™ then on next joist start with a half Silca Grate™). Use six (6) 65mm to 75mm #9 rustless deck screws per Silca Grate™ (Test screws for a firm fit. Do not over tighten).
- Install Geotextile blanket (ONLY if you are going to use Polymeric sand between the joints of your bricks or pavers).
- To finish you could choose to cover the perimeter/trimmer with a facia of timber, aluminium, plastic (PVC) or your choice of paver using a suitable adhesive.
To help your further, we’ve created resources on how to build a Silca deck in NZ. Please click on the links below to get further information.