A guide to installing Silca System®
Installation instruction video
Remodeling Resurfacing Text Instructions:
- Remove all lateral decking boards. (treated timber, composite timber etc.) from existing deck.
- RECOMMENDATION: Framing and footing should be inspected by a qualified building official to make sure they are in line with state and local codes.
- If you have ample threshold height, you may screw the Silca Grate™ on top of your floor joists. Much thought must be given to the stack height and desired finish floor height.
- If you DO NOT have ample threshold height, you need to add a 100 x 50mm cleat on each side of the floor joist. NOTE: Maintain correct height while fastening on joist.
- Trim 45 mm off the Silca Grate™. Inlay Silca Grate™ on top of 100 x 50mm cleat. NOTE: Silca Grate™ has two sets of screw holes on one side of the Silca Grate. Trim the side with two holes.
- Screw Silca Grate™ in place.
- Install Geotextile blanket (ONLY if you are going to use Polymeric sand between the joints of your bricks or pavers).
- Treated Lumber Border – Use a wider dimension timber for your rim joist. (i.e. 300 x 50mm for rim joist standard joist may be 200 x 50mm this all depends on your brick and paver thickness. – Think this through!) Allow trimmer joist to be above Silca Grate™ enough to hold your brick or paver.
- To finish you could choose to cover the perimeter/trimmer with a facia of timber, aluminium, plastic (PVC) or your choice of paver using a suitable adhesive.