Silca System Grates are manufactured from 100% Recycled plastics, and we have now repurposed over 80 tonne of it! ♻️
Ground and reprocessed to pallet form then injection moulded in a 750ton press into our Silca Grates.
All processes undertaken to achieve as little environmental impact and as minimal carbon footprint as possible.
By using Silca System on your deck you are:
1) helping reduce the sea of plastic waste around the planet
2) reducing your own carbon footprint, especially during construction
3) achieving a permeable patio surface not otherwise achieved with concrete slab, hence allowing rainwater to penetrate and replenish the ground bellow and not be redirected to storm water
4) NOT supporting the Deforestation of rainforests which supply common hardwood decking such as kwila!
4) helping to plant more trees to feed the bees @portwaikatohoney 🐝 and to keep the planet green 🌿
#greenbuilding #stopdeforestation #tileddeck #recycled #reducecarbonfootprint #inovation #greenconstruction #nzmade #silcasystem_nz #trying #doingyourbit #greenfuture
Remember team, just because it is made from recycled plastic, it does not mean it is weak or flexible!
Silca Grates are actually super super rigid and can take over 5ton spanned and over 68ton compression test!! 💪🏼 ...