Installation Quick Tips
Instructions on how to build your Silca System deck
New construction quick tips
- Determine finished floor elevation.
- Determine the thickness of the paver or tiles being used.
- Build your deck substructure with joists placed at 400mm centres. Make sure joists are dead flat. We recommend KD (Kiln Dried) exterior use treated H3.2 timber. (refer to joist span/paver thickness tables)
- CAUTION: Deck construction should be in compliance with the relevant local building code.
- Place the Silca Grates on top of the joists butted up to each other with the edges of each grate sitting on the centre of each joist. Make sure the strength bands are spanning between the joists.
- Screw down the Silca Grates. Use six (6) 65mm to 75mm countersunk head screws per Silca Grate(Test screws for a firm fit. Do not over tighten).
- Install Geotextile blanket (ONLY if you are going to use Polymeric sand between the joints of your bricks or pavers).
- Either spot glue fix or dry lay your pavers/tiles using spacers for drainage or grout. (Be sure to plan the layout accordingly)
- To finish you could choose to cover the perimeter/trimmer with a facia of timber, aluminium, or your choice of paver using a suitable adhesive.
To help you further, here are some more detailed resources on how to build a Silca deck. Please click on the links below to get further information.Manufacturer’s Recommendations – Installation Guide Specifications
LOOKING TO PURCHASE SILCA SYSTEM FOR YOUR NEXT DECK?
Every Project is different, so please contact us for a quote.